Comprehensive Computer Assisted Career Development Software
Career Builder Plus is similar to Career Builder, but has additional pathways for self-employment, redeployment, rehabilitation and retirement, as well as career development. Career Builder Plus was designed for use by organisations, universities, colleges, community unemployment projects, and by private practitioners with adults and young people. It follows different pathways, depending on the client's age and circumstances.
Career Builder Plus identifies likely "at risk" clients/employees who may need extra help due to personal circumstances or preference inconsistencies.
How does Career Builder work?
Career Builder Plus is an integrated and easy-to-use computer assisted career exploration and planning process. The program automatically activates different exploration pathways in response to different ages and personal circumstances.
Self understanding is enhanced through analysis of education, work history, skills, interests, values, aspirations, personal circumstances, and external influences. Personal strengths and preferences are automatically linked to likely compatible career options.
Likely compatible Industries, Career Clusters, Occupations, Occupation Specialisations and Career Combination are explored to facilitate well informed decision making.
A detailed but easy-to-read report is generated, which provides immediate feedback. The report outlines the findings of the self understanding, career exploration and career decision making processes.
The report also notes any inconsistencies between personal strengths and preferences, and career option preferences and provides a very useful focus for career planning discussions with family and important others.
The Action Plan pro-forma at the end of the report can be used to facilitate the planning of action steps needed to achieve the client's career goals, or more detailed action planning can be completed using the Action Planner program, which comes with Career Builder Plus.
While individual follow-up counselling is recommended, group feedback and peer career coaching sessions can also be effective. The manual includes support materials for the various methods of providing feedback.
- Self understanding is enhanced through analysis of education, work history, skills, interests, values, career aspirations, personal circumstances and external influences.
- Personal strengths and preferences are automatically linked to career options.
- Career awareness is broadened as the program generates an extensive range of likely compatible career options (Industries, Career Clusters, Occupations and Occupation Specialisations).
- Adults and teenagers benefit from the program, and all educational/occupational levels are included in the database.
- Decision making skills are developed through a sequence of general-to-specific career preference selections.
- Clients/employees learn the skills needed to make well considered career decisions, to set goals, and to plan action steps designed to achieve their goals. Clients/employees are also encouraged to explore current and possible future career combinations and career dreams.
- Detailed reports are automatically generated, which integrate the information about a client's/employee's attributes and preferred career options.
- Consistencies and inconsistencies between personal strengths and preferences, and career options are highlighted.
- The action plan pro-forma at the end of each report is used to facilitate the planning of action steps needed to achieve the client's/employee's career and personal goals. More detailed action planning can be achieved using the Action Planner program supplied with Career Builder Plus. Action Planner is also a useful tool for client/employee follow-up and progress monitoring.
SAMPLE PRINT OUTS:
- EASY TO USE - for individuals or groups. All instructions are on the screens. Users can use a mouse and/or keyboard.
- TIME EFFICIENT - takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. You can also stop part way through and continue on another day.
- SELF EMPOWERMENT- encourages clients/employees to take responsibility for their own career planning.
- COMPREHENSIVE and HOLISTIC- fully integrated analysis and reporting of personal and career strengths and preferences, with resources and possible barriers to career and life goal attainment identified.
- AT RISK CLIENTS/ EMPLOYEES- those who may need extra help due to personal circumstances, or strengths and preference inconsistencies, are identified.
- CAREER EXPLORATION - The database includes over 3,500 career options: Industries, Career Clusters, Occupations and Occupation Specialisations. Career Combinations are also explored, which often generates the client's/employee's most satisfying and marketable career options.
- ANNUAL UPDATES - The database, program and support materials are updated annually to ensure that your clients/employees use only the most recent career exploration resources.
- MANUAL - Includes detailed one-on-one career counselling notes and a reproducible career exploration guide for peer or group feedback and career coaching, and overhead transparency masters (on CD) for training purposes.
- REPORT WRITER- offers useful program usage, evaluation and follow-up information.
- ACTION PLANNER - BONUS This advanced and integrated goal setting and action planning software is supplied with Career Builder Plus. It includes goals, action planning steps (tasks), resources, barriers, contingency plans, achievement recording, and progress tracking and follow-up. Action Plans and chronological To-Do-Lists are produced.
Click below to see examples of the report generated at the end of the Career Builder Plus session (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
The software is customised with your organisation's name appearing on the program screens and on the report. Organisation specific information can be included at the end of the report. The SETUP program enables you to activate a large range of additional program customisations, including turning off parts of the program.
Within 48 hours (Australian capital cities) from receipt of a faxed or mailed Order Form (72 hours for regional areas).
SINGLE and NETWORK/SITE LICENCES
CAREER SOLUTIONS single licence software can only be used on one computer at a time, but the software can be removed and installed on another computer at the same site.
CAREER SOLUTIONS network/site licence software can be loaded onto a single site network and/or onto any number of stand alone computers at the one site.
The database, program and support materials are updated annually to ensure that your clients/ employees always have the most recent career information resources.
Other Career Solutions software
Career Guidance Software
Self Marketing Software